One day car insurance
Temp Cover Now cheap one day car insurance is perfect for when you only need cover for a short time.
How to get 1 day car insurance
For whatever reason you may need temporary car insurance, our cheap one day insurance means you’ll be able to easily get the cover you need.
1. Fill in the quote details
It’s a quick form that just requires some basic personal details (including your name and DOB) and the registration of the car you want to insure, as well as your UK driving licence number.
2. We tell you the cost
Select day insurance (or another duration if you’d prefer), when you’d like that cover to start and whether you want any of our add-on options.
3. Buy your policy and go!
Now just enter your payment details. You can pay using a debit or credit card.
What is one day car insurance?
What are the uses of day car insurance?
- one-off meetings or business trips that aren’t covered by your annual policy
- borrowing a friend’s or family member’s car to collect a large purchase
- needing to add a temporary, additional driver to share the driving on a long car journey
- when your shared car is in use, and you need to borrow another
- the annual policyholder is ill
- in the event of emergencies
- taking a SORN car for its MOT
- supervising someone who wants to learn to drive in their own car
- taking a car for a test drive.
Benefits of Temp Cover Now one-day car insurance
Compared to taking out an annual policy, there are many advantages of cheap 1-day car insurance when you only need cover for a short period:
- 1-day car insurance cover can start within 15 minutes – essential when there’s an emergency
- you’re covered for business use, such as meetings or business trips, which isn’t typically included in annual policies
- buying daily car insurance means you’re not tied into an annual insurance policy that you don’t need
- you may be able to extend your policy if needed
- highly competitive prices
- Policies are underwritten by our Aviva, our key partner, or other insurers.
Who is eligible for day car insurance?
- the majority of drivers aged 18 to 75 (subject to underwriting)
- most UK registered vehicles can be covered
- UK licence holders.
If you don’t have your license yet but want cover to practice driving in your own vehicle, you can get learner driver’s insurance for a day, perfect for getting some extra time in behind the wheel.
How much is day insurance for cars?
Our 1 day car insurance can start from just £19 per day. The price of one day car insurance will vary depending on the car you wish to insure and the driver who will be holding the policy.