Easy and cheap temporary learner driver insurance
Temp Cover Now temporary learner driver insurance is a great way for you to practise driving and get more experience behind the wheel.
How does learner driver insurance work?
If you have your provisional licence and are learning to drive, you may want to get in some more experience before your test with the help of a family member or friend. Temp Cover Now’s learner insurance can help you do just that with these simple steps:
1. Fill in our simple quote form
All you need is your name, provisional GB driving licence, UK address, date of birth and the vehicle information (including the registered keeper’s details i.e. the car owner).
2. Get your quote cost
Tell us whether you need temporary learner driver insurance for a day or a longer period, and when you need that cover to start.
3. Buy and get learning!
To buy your learner policy, you just need to pay using your debit or credit card.
What is learner driver insurance?
Learner driver insurance is temporary car insurance for learner drivers that allows you to get some lesson time in your own car, or in a friend’s or relative’s car. It covers you to drive in the short term whilst being properly supervised.
Learner driver insurance is great if you want to practise in a specific model, in a car you know you will be driving once you’ve passed, or if you just want to get in as much driving time as possible before your test.
Temp Cover Now’s flexible learner insurance policies cover you from 1 day to 5 months, depending on your needs, and can be arranged in minutes.
Why might you need learner driver insurance?
There are number of situations when you might need temporary learner driver insurance:
- when you want to learn to drive in your own car with an instructor, friend or family member
- when you want private instruction from a friend or family member in their own car
- when you want to practise driving outside your lesson time in a car that is not your instructor’s.
Benefits of Temp Cover Now learner insurance
Temp Cover Now car insurance for learner drivers is fast, convenient and flexible and we can have you covered in minutes:
- it protects the annual policyholder’s No Claims Discount (NCD) – also called No Claims Bonus
- pay-as-you-go means you only pay for the cover you need and it’s completely flexible
- low ‘excess’ of only £250. (The ‘excess’ is the first part of any claim you have to pay)
- comprehensive provisional car insurance cover, provided by the UK’s leading insurer, Aviva
- competitive pricing
- no cancellation fee – which is great if you pass your test ahead of schedule.
Learner driver insurance–what you need to know
- cheap learner driver insurance is available to provisional licence holders
- if you’re not the registered keeper of the vehicle you want to insure, no cover is provided for loss or damage that occurs between midnight and 6am
- you must be accompanied by a qualified driver aged between 25 and 75 who has held a full GB licence for at least 3 years
- all temporary learner driver insurance stops the moment you pass your driving test. If you take your driving test in the car you are insured in, make sure you have someone with you to drive you home from the test centre!
Let’s get you behind the wheel
It couldn’t be easier to take out learner driver insurance from Temp Cover Now and you could be practising in minutes. Good luck!
Why choose Temp Cover Now learner insurance?
Temp Cover Now learner driver insurance for the UK is a great option when an annual policy doesn’t give you the flexibility you need. Whether you want learner day insurance, weekly insurance or cover for a month, we can help.